Lookup Ca Codes
Look by Search Term or Citation
(a) As utilized in this section:
(1) “Open-end credit strategy” gets the definition set forth in Regulation Z associated with the government book System ( 12 C.F.R. 226.2(a)(20) ).
(2) “ Installment financing ” implies any mortgage specified in subdivision (h) stretched under an installment loan showcase.
(3) “ Installment financing ability ” indicates an attribute of an open-end credit arrange that provides for an independent subaccount in the open-end credit score rating plan pursuant that the principal of, and interest on, the mortgage connected with that subaccount are to be repaid in significantly equivalent installments over a specified cycle without regard to the quantity exceptional under any kind of element of open-end credit score rating strategy and/or repayment routine with regards to the various other element.
(b)(1) Except as usually provided by law, the debtor under any installment financing will be eligible to prepay the complete or any the main installment loan, along with any accumulated interest, anytime.
(2) With respect to any installment mortgage, nothing inside area shall prevent a debtor from becoming obliged, by an agreement in writing, to pay for a prepayment cost; but only a prepayment produced within five years in the go out the installment loan is created could be at the mercy of a prepayment fee after which entirely as here established. A quantity maybe not surpassing 20% on the earliest principal number of the installment loan can be prepaid in almost any one 12-month course without taking on a prepayment charge. A prepayment charge is likely to be enforced on any quantity prepaid in every 12-month stage in excess of 20 percent from the original principal amount of the installment loan, which recharge shall maybe not surpass a sum equal to the payment of half a year’ advance interest on levels prepaid service over 20 percent regarding the original key quantity of the installment loan.
(c) For purposes of subdivision (b):
(1) In the event that action of count on or mortgage protects repayment of more than one installment loan, each one of the installment debts will be considered to own started independently made regarding time your profits from the installment mortgage become expert.
(2) If the exceptional balances of a loan higher level pursuant to an open-end credit plan after that gets at the mercy of an installment mortgage feature of credit score rating arrange, the loan will be deemed to possess become made whenever financing turns out to be susceptible to the installment loan highlight, whether the feature had been offered at the borrower’s option under initial regards to the open-end credit score rating program or the feature after that turned into readily available upon adjustment on the initial regards to the open-end credit score rating arrange.
(d) Nonetheless subdivision (b), no prepayment cost might be enforced regarding an installment loan subject to this area if any with the soon after implement:
(1) The residential build acquiring the installment financing has become damaged to this type of a level by an all-natural disaster which is why a state of disaster are announced because of the Governor, pursuant to Chapter 7 (commencing with area 8550) of unit 1 of name 2 on the authorities signal , the domestic build cannot be occupied and prepayment was causally connected thereto.
(2) The prepayment is created along with a genuine sale associated with the actual house securing the installment loan.
(3) the lending company cannot follow subdivision (age).
(4) the phrase of the installment financing is actually for not more than five years as well as the earliest main number of the installment loan try below five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(elizabeth)(1) the lending company receiving a debtor’s responsibility to pay a prepayment charge licensed by subdivision (b) shall provide the borrower with a created disclosure explaining the presence of the prepayment cost duty, the conditions under that the prepayment cost will be payable, additionally the way the number of the prepayment charge will be determined. If subdivision (f) offers the borrower with a right to rescind the installment financing and also the related obligation to cover a prepayment cost, the disclosure required by this subdivision shall also inform the debtor for this right to rescind, how when to exercise suitable, and the best places to mail or create a notice of rescission.